Friday, February 22, 2013

Must Haves: Beach!


I know, this isn't fair, it’s 30 degrees out and I’m taunting you with thoughts of sunshine and frozen margaritas Well it’s about to get worse, in 16 days I’ll be hopping on a plane and saying so long to the cold and hello to a week long vacation in the Dominican Republic! I decided to take this opportunity to update my beach essentials and thought I would give you a peek at what I’m currently craving, enjoy!

1 I love a good tote, and I especially love this crocheted straw tote. It would be perfect for beach trip or just a trip to the market! // 2 I realize this is a little vain, but my skin is criminally pale even on the best of days, let alone in the middle of winter. I like to add a couple drops of liquid bronzer to my sunscreen to give myself a nice glow, without exposing my ginger skin. // 3 I've been on the hunt for a maxi dress since last summer, and I think my search may finally be over. The simple shape mixed with the fun details make me think this dress would go well from day to night, and it won't even break the bank, score! // 4 Speaking of fair skin, a big floppy hat is absolutely essential for the beach. I have a major crush on this navy option. // 5 I bought a pair of these J. Crew Chino shorts on sale last year and ended up going back for three more pairs! I love the lightweight feel of them and there are so many fun colors to choose from. // 6 BOOKS, no beach trip would be complete without them. I'm always reading more than one book at a time, so I like to mix up the genres. I plan on bringing How to Be a Woman by the hilarious Caitlin Moran and Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. // 7  I'm loving this simple and colorful cover-up. I think this might be just the thing to break me of my bad habit of just wearing soccer shorts and pinnie over my suit, so lady like. // 8 And finally, this beautiful, retro-inspired bikini. I mean there are flamingos on it, what's not to love?!

I’m really trying to stop myself from buying everything I've found right this instant; that maxi dress may or may not have been hanging out in my shopping cart for the past week…who am I kidding, It’s time to take that bad boy to check-out!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment