Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Currently Listening: The Great Gatsby Soundtrack

 
Even though I haven't seen the movie yet (I know, what am I waiting for?!), I've been playing the soundtrack for The Great Gatsby on loop the past few days. Baz Luhrman and Anton Monsted, with the help of Jay-Z, put together an amazing collection of songs that feel like they were made just for the film (and in some cases they actually were!). They've said that they wanted to utilize hip-hop to give the jazz of the 20's an updated feel that would still reflect the opulence and extravagance of the film. I would say they hit the nail on the head. Each track is great on it's own, but when you listen to them together you can really get a sense of the themes in the film. I cannot wait to see this movie, but the soundtrack is doing a good job of holding me over in the mean time. Let me know what you think of the album and the movie if you've already seen it!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. I must really be out of the loop, I had no clue that this is a Baz Luhrman production! Good tip on the soundtrack, although I almost don't want to listen until after I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that soundtrack! It was such a great movie and the music was wonderful. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh I cant wait to see it! I'm sure the wardrobe is to dye for. I don't know what I'm waiting for either!! The soundtrack is amazing, haven't actually heard it til now. thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete