Monday, May 6, 2013

May Blogging Challenge Days 5&6

Day 5: Profess you love for a blogging friend.

The time we unknowingly had matching outfits at Thanksgiving

Well, I'm lucky enough to have this gal as a blogging friend and real life sister-in-law! Jackie is AWESOME and someone I truly admire. She is so creative and talented, always up for a new project or adventure. Pretty much anything she touches turns out incredible, but she's always humble and quick to give praise to others. She is my kindred-hippie-spirit, making candles, perfumes, and raising chickens together! Her energy and happiness is infectious, she gives great advice, and she's someone you just want to be around. I can't say enough about how much I love this lady, my brother is a lucky dude :)

Her blog is Miss Adventurenaut, and I highly recommend you add her to your follow list. She is always posting great recipes, music suggestions, and pictures of the cutest Chihuahua Dante. Hop on over there and you'll see what I mean! And also check her out on Twitter & Instagram.


Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question "what do you do?"

I read, I write, I make lots of silly faces. I take photos, and spend time with the people I love. I spend entirely too much time online shopping without ever actually buying anything. I cook and eat and drink margaritas. I thrift and like to give new life to old things. I garden. I start projects and then take breaks (sometimes months long), but I try to never abandon them completely. I go to dog shelters and play with the pups, and then I get sad when I can't take them all home. I go out and dance, I stay in and dance. I sleep in on the weekends and make French toast. I curse too much and worry too little. I put off exercising like a champ. I love life and I try to fill my days, weeks, and months with lots of memories.


post signature

9 comments:

  1. My friends and I have a huge joke about how I hate to match. One time they all schemed and matched me every day for a week! They had someone spy on me outside my house and then text everyone to tell them what I was wearing. It was hilarious! Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh no! They sound like they take practical jokes very seriously :)

      Delete
  2. Emily you are so sweet. You truly inspire and encourage me with your new ideas and adventurous spirit. And I can credit you with getting my blog together. I'm so lucky to call you family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I love seeing the ways people describe themselves without a title :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! you are darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog, you have such great photos!

      Delete
  5. I loved your post! You are an interesting, exciting person. I am going to enjoy reading all your May posts. I have recently moved into the Pinterest world, so I followed you on Pinterest.


    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so, and thank you for the follow!

      Delete